“Mindfulness”. A word we hear so often, without many of us really stopping to think about what it is, or why it’s important.
It is the season of over-indulgence, and many of us can admit to drinking and eating too much… and that’s ok! In fact we can be mindful and still ‘over indulge’. But what mindfulness gives us is the opportunity to check-in with ourselves. To analyse why we’re having that third glass of wine and if we’re still enjoying it. Being mindful is simply being aware.
So if you want that third glass of wine then go on… be a devil and enjoy it. If on the other hand you want to sit out a round, or cater for friends who don’t drink, then Cami from La Maison Wellness has you covered! Her four delicious non-alcoholic Christmas cocktail recipes and guaranteed to leave you feeling merry and bright.
Simple and perfect for dinner parties. This highball is delicious with everything, from mince pies to roast dinners
- 10ml Pomegranate syrup
- 80ml Kombucha
- 60ml Rosemary water
- Put one cup of granulated, non-refined organic gold sugar and one cup of pomegranate juice in a saucepan.
- Bring to a boil and stir for 1-2 minutes until the sugar is dissolved.
- Remove from heat and allow the syrup to cool.
- Place fresh rosemary into filtered water (give the rosemary a rinse in cold water before)
- Infuse for 30min
- Use a soda stream to carbonate your water.
- Et voila, fizzy rosemary water!
- Combine the ingredients in a rocks (short) glass and add ice
- Give it a gentle stir
- Garnish with a lemon wheel, fresh pomegranate seeds & a rosemary sprig. Enjoy!
A delicious non-alcoholic mulled wine that’ll make you feel warm inside!
- 1 bottle of Zéra
- 100gr Coconut Sugar
- 1 Orange
- 1 Lemon
- 2 Cinnamon Stick
- 2 Star Anise
- 2 Cloves
- If you have a cauldron, this is the perfect way to make this cocktail and keep it warm. Otherwise a saucepan is great.
- In a saucepan, combine Zéra non-alcholic red wine, coconut sugar, orange, lemon, cinnamon, star anise and cloves.
- Simmer on a medium heat for a little while, allowing the fruits to cook and the spices to infuse.
Crème de la crème
A non-alcoholic and vegan-friendly version of your classic holiday cocktail, the Eggnog!
1 1/2 cups Seedlip Grove 42 Citrus or Seedlip Spice 94
- 2 cups Coconut Milk
- 1 cup Coconut Cream
- 1/2 Vanilla Bean Pod
- ¼ cup Aqua Faba (water from a chickpea can!)
- 3 Cinnamon sticks
- Grounded nutmeg
- 2 drops lemon essential oil
- Dehydrated oranges (these can be done in the oven on a very low temperature)
- Combine the ingredients in a saucepan and bring to the boil over a medium heat.
- Remove from the heat source once bubbling & allow to steep.
- Serve warm, with beautiful dehydrated orange slices as garnish.
A celebratory, mindful cocktail for all you healthy hedonists!
- 1 scoop lemon sorbet
- 3 dashes OTO Bitters
- Top with sparkling wine (alcoholic or non!)
- Add sorbet to a coupette with 3 dashes OTO bitters
- Pour in the sparkling wine
- Garnish with rosemary and a grating of fresh lime zest. C’est delicieux!